General Job Description
Under the administrative direction of the Power Division Manager and with a minimum of supervision:
- Administers projects as directed by the PDM
- Directly and indirectlymanages the work of consultants and contractors engaged by the Agency, and controls project performance through earned value management and other variance controls.
- Prepares status reports and delivers presentations to the General Manager, Board of Directors, Agency staff, the general public, and other organizations as required.
- Serves as the Owner Representative upon request of the General Manager.
- Reviews and coordinates the work of consultants, including plans and specifications from consulting engineers for compliance with Agency standards and regulatory agencies’ policies.
- Inspects during construction the work of contractors to ensure their compliance with, and conformance to, plans and specifications for the construction and/ormaintenance of theAgency’s infrastructure.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the drafting and updating of detailed construction drawings and related documents used in planning, engineering, construction, operations andmaintenance.
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two (2)years of project engineering experience.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, policies, procedures, operation, maintenance and scheduling of Power Division.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, regulations and requirements of federal, state and county agencies relating to the Power Division business activities.
Ability to proficiently use, or quickly learn, Microsoft Office and Springbrook Financial software, or any other office software used by the Agency.
Valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record.
BasicWorkHours: 80 hours per pay period; weekly schedule as approved by Power Division Manager.
Hourly Compensation Range: $39.00/hr. – $49.00/hr. (annual equivalent: $81,112 – $101,920).Home » Jobs & RFPs » Project Engineer