Treatment Operator (T3/T4)
The Position: Water Treatment Operator
Under the direction of the Water Treatment Plant Superintendent or Senior Operator, and working a “9 day-on / 5 day-off” daytime schedule:
- Operates and maintains water treatment plant facilities, pumping systems and reservoirs;
- Takes both chemical and bacteriological samples, runs the various standardized laboratory tests, and interprets test results for process control and distribution system water quality control;
- Trains or assists in the training of subordinates.
Essential job duties:
- Determines the requirements of, and regulates the water flow through treatment systems.
- Operates and maintains various water treatment plant equipment and machinery, including pumps, flocculators, clarifiers, filters, and chemical feeders.
- Stays current with technological developments, laws, regulations, standards, codes, products, methods and practices related to water treatment.
- Prepares reports that communicate valid and comprehensive recommendations for improvements to water treatment facilities and procedures.
Send Résumé and Cover letter to:
John Shipman, Water Treatment Superintendent
South Feather Water & Power Agency
2310 Oro-Quincy Highway
Oroville, California 95966